The European Commission has now formally proposed amendments to existing legislation and new legislation aimed at improving economic governance.
Here’s the list:
1.A Regulation amending the legislative underpinning of the preventive part of the Stability and Growth Pact (Regulation 1466/97);
2. A Regulation amending the legislative underpinning of the corrective part of the Stability and Growth Pact (Regulation 1467/97);
3. A Regulation on the effective enforcement of budgetary surveillance in the euro area;
4. A new Directive on requirements for the budgetary framework of the Member States;
5. A new Regulation on the prevention and correction of macroeconomic imbalances;
6. A Regulation on enforcement measures to correct excessive macroeconomic imbalances in the euro area.