The European Parliament and the European Commission are currently discussing a new framework agreement between the two institutions.
The European Parliament suggests few key elements of the agreement:
- Equal treatment for Parliament and the Council of Ministers;
- Legislative initiative requests by the Parliament;
- Detailed review of Better Law-Making Inter-institutional Agreement;
- Improving the accountability of the executive;
- Full involvement of Parliament in international negotiations;
- Improved arrangements for programming.