The European Commission has presented a progress report on the implementation of its action plan to strengthen the shared management of the EU structural and cohesion funds.
The report summarizes common errors in the management of EU funds on national level:
- contracts awarded without following the correct tender procedure;
- inadequate documentation to support expenditure (lack of audit trail);
- inaccurate calculation of overheads;
- application of incorrect co-financing rate;
- overestimated payment claims.