There is a new document summarizing the state of play on the Copenhagen negotiations and the difficulties on getting an agreement. However, more importantly for me, there is an outline of issues important for the European Union during the negotiations.
Those issues are:
- Binding emission reductions by all industrialised countries based on comparable efforts;
- Appropriate action by developing countries to limit emissions;
- A framework for action on adaptation to climate change;
- Action to reduce deforestation and forest degradation and promote sustainable forest management in tropical regions;
- Updated accounting rules for emissions from land-use, land-use change and forestry;
- An expanded international carbon market to generate financial support for developing countries and promote cost-effective emission cuts;
- Provision of international public finance to developing countries to supplement financial flows from the carbon market and domestic investment;
- A comprehensive package on technology cooperation and funding to accelerate development of a low-carbon global economy.
This is a cross-post from Th!nk 2 Climate Change.