The European Commission has summarized in a working paper EU activities of regional relevance to the Western Balkan countries and corresponding regional activities related to the European agenda of the Western Balkans.
• steps towards visa-free travel to the EU;
• increased number of scholarships for studies in the EU;
• more support to civil society;
• further regional cooperation and integration in the areas of transport, trade, disaster preparedness;
• support in addressing the impact of the international financial crisis;
• better coordination of the financial assistance provided by the EU and other international donors.